Thursday, January 22, 2015

Meeting you the other day

Meeting you the other day
Was a scented wet wipe 
Over the bridge of my nose
In Calcutta June.

Meeting you the other day
Was us at eighteen
Walking fingers interlaced 
To Kamlanagar, for ice cream.

We'd sung Annie's song
In a sweet hum hum.
As the kid winter tickled our armpits
And ran, till we caught it the other day.

Meeting you the other day
I spoke to others in chit chat,
Avoiding your eye
Till you laughed at my jokes again. 

Meeting you the other day
Was sharing cigarettes on a terrace,
And out of nowhere
You asked,"How's life?"

"Horrible", I said.
And you said, "Oh, I see."
We would talk a lot about agency,
And that's where we picked it up, the other day. 

Meeting you the other day
Was your boundless beauty, again.
Your second best asset,
Missed consistently by Instagram and men. 

Meeting you the other day
Was the joy of conversation,
And boomerang intimacy.
My ill timed hug had got you thinking one day. 

You'd thought and thought 
With your Lit crit mind,
And decided not to stay.

Till we met again, the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment